The world’s best-selling vehicle is now even better: The 2017 Toyota Corolla
Upgraded style inside and out, plus added standard features including Toyota Safety Sense™ P offer many reasons to celebrate beyond Corolla’s 50 years
TORONTO, ON | SEPTEMBER 29, 2016 | media.toyota.ca
You learn a lot in 50 years – and as the Toyota Corolla celebrates five decades – during which it has become the world’s best-selling vehicle – the 2017 Corolla is even better, with enhanced body styling, an upgraded interior, added advanced safety features, and even more features as standard.
“To mark the Corolla’s 50th anniversary, we’re pleased to offer Canadians an updated line-up that has evolved to match the ever-changing tastes of today’s drivers – all the while remaining true to Corolla’s core DNA of reliability, efficiency and drivability,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President, Toyota Canada Inc. “With more than 43 million models built, and sales in more than 150 countries and regions, the Corolla has brought joy to more people’s lives than any other car ever manufactured. And for 2017, Toyota gives drivers even more reasons to smile and continue to share in its story – a favourite in Canada – and around the world.”
New for 2017, all Corolla models receive numerous updates and upgrades, including:
- The adoption of the Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P) package on all models. This includes the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Automatic High Beams.
- Redesigned front bumpers, new headlamp and tail lamp design and new wheel designs.
- New instrument panel and interior trim designs.
- More model-specific enhancements to standard equipment (detailed below).
The 2017 Toyota Corolla is offered with a choice of six-speed manual transmission or continuously variable transmission with intelligent shift (CVTi-S), in six models designed to cater to a wide variety of tastes and needs, as follows:
2017 Toyota Corolla CE with six-speed manual transmission (starting MSRP: $16,290)
2017 Toyota Corolla CE with CVTi-S transmission (starting MSRP: $19,390)
- 2017 Toyota Corolla CE models now feature a 3.5” Multi-information Display, 6.1” Display Audio system and automatic bi-LED headlamps as standard equipment.
- The CVTi-S also replaces the four-speed automatic transmission used on older models.
2017 Toyota Corolla LE with CVTi-S transmission (starting MSRP: $20,490)
- 2017 Toyota Corolla LE models now feature automatic climate control, a 3.5” Multi-information Display, bi-LED headlamps, and a windshield wiper de-icer system as standard.
- An available upgrade package (starting MSRP: $21,990) adds power slide/tilt moon roof, 16” alloy wheels, and a leather wrapped steering wheel. For 2017, this package is enhanced with the addition of a heated steering wheel.
2017 Toyota Corolla SE with six-speed manual transmission (starting MSRP: $20,305)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE with CVTi-S transmission (starting MSRP: $21,290)
- The Corolla SE is updated for 2017 with the addition of automatic climate control, a 4.2” Multi-information Display, multi-LED headlamps, unique bumper with LED daytime running lights, LED reverse lights, and a windshield wiper de-icer system.
- An available upgrade package (starting MSRP: $21,805 with the manual transmission and $22,790 with the CVTi-S) adds 17” alloy wheels, rear discs brakes, and a power tilt/slide moon roof. For 2017, this package is enhanced with the addition of a heated steering wheel.
2017 Toyota Corolla XSE with CVTi-S transmission (starting MSRP: $25,210)
- New for 2017, the Corolla XSE features 17” alloy wheels, rear discs brakes, a power tilt/slide moon roof, 7” navigation display, integrated Sirius XM Satellite Radio, a 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Softex leather seat surfaces, the smart key system with push button start, auto-dimming rear view mirror with HomeLink garage door opener and compass, tire pressure monitoring system and unique XSE badging.
2017 Toyota Corolla LE ECO with CVTi-S transmission (starting MSRP: $20,990)
- The Corolla LE ECO is updated for 2017 with the addition of a 3.5” Multi-information Display and a windshield wiper de-icer system.
- The Corolla LE ECO features a special 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine (140 hp) with VALVEMATIC technology, boosting performance and fuel efficiency.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla looks great and is fun to drive. It’s the perfect vehicle for today’s spirited, urban citizens to proudly call their own. Regardless of transmission, the 1.8L four-cylinder engine delivers a winning combination of confident acceleration and impressive fuel efficiency. The body is sporty and sleek, while the cabin offers comfortable seating for up to five adults, surrounded with premium finishes for a sophisticated look and feel.
Safety is always standard on a Toyota, so in addition to the new Toyota Safety Sense P package, every 2017 Corolla is equipped with active and passive safety features, including eight airbags, the Toyota Star Safety System, whiplash injury lessening front seats, and more. And as North America’s best-selling compact, with a sterling record for durability and reliability, the Corolla gives owners the peace of mind of dependable transportation that enjoys high resale value.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.