Get even more RAV4
New models and upgraded standard equipment including Toyota Safety Sense highlight line-up of 2017 Toyota RAV4 compact crossovers
TORONTO, ON | November 15, 2016 | media.toyota.ca
The Toyota RAV4 is Canada’s choice for fun – and with good reason. These compact crossovers combine spirited performance and impressive versatility to carry family, friends and gear – plus innovative technologies and plenty of comfort and safety features.
“Canadians love the Toyota RAV4 – it’s one of our best-selling models. And for 2017, we give Canadians even more to love, with more standard features including additional safety technologies, plus new model/grade packages,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President, Toyota Canada Inc. “With a choice of front wheel drive, all-wheel drive and hybrid-powered models, there’s never been a better time to find out what thousands of Canadian drivers already know: the Toyota RAV4 is your perfect partner in play.”
There are several upgrades for 2017, including:
- All Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models are now standard equipped with Toyota Safety Sense P – including the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Automatic High Beams.
- Base RAV4 models are now fitted with upgraded standard features, such as a 4.2” multi-information display and automatic headlamps, 6.1” Display Audio, Heated Front Seats, and Backup Camera now sported by the 2017 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD and AWD models.
- The Toyota RAV4 SE AWD, available in fall 2016 will now be standard-equipped with the Smart Key System with Push Button Start.
- A new Platinum Package is available for the 2017 RAV4 Limited AWD, adding a hands-free power rear lift-gate, ambient footwell lighting, a five-door smart entry system, plus unique full body colour, interior trim and badging.
- The RAV4 Hybrid base model is now designated the LE+, a new trim level that adds unique 17” alloy wheels, dual zone auto climate control, rain-sensing front wipers, fog lamps, and more. This model may be further enhanced with an available XLE Package.
- Another new hybrid model available in fall 2016 is the 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE, bringing the sporty features of the gas-powered RAV4 SE model to the RAV4 Hybrid – including a sport-tuned suspension and unique styling cues.
- For 2017, the RAV4 Hybrid Limited now adopts the Technology Package as standard, as well as receiving a hands-free power rear liftgate.
Every 2017 Toyota RAV4 and 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid offers bold styling plus generous comfort, convenience, technology and safety features as standard. These include a Display Audio system with steering wheel audio and Bluetooth controls, dynamic radar cruise control, air conditioning, premium soft-touch interior materials, and more.
With room for five adults or up to 2 cubic meters (73 cubic feet) of cargo capacity (depending on model), there’s plenty of room for everyone and everything in the RAV4 – and the 60/40 split folding and reclining second row seating makes it easy to configure the RAV4 for any adventure.
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 is offered in a range of models and grades:
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 LE FWD (Starting MSRP: $27,395)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 LE AWD (Starting MSRP: $29,660)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 XLE FWD (Starting MSRP: $30,750)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (Starting MSRP: $32,900)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 SE AWD (Starting MSRP: $36,220)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Limited AWD (Starting MSRP: $38,155)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Platinum AWD (Starting MSRP: $39,615)
Under the hood, the gas-powered 2017 Toyota RAV4 features a 176 peak horsepower, 2.5L four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with transmission cooler, plus sequential shift mode and gate type shifter for manual-like operation when desired. This combination delivers an optimal mix of power and efficiency. All models feature electric power steering and Hill-start Assist Control, while all-wheel drive models also feature the Active Torque Control System.
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is also offered in a range of models and grades:
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid LE+ (AWD-i – Starting MSRP: $34,405)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE (AWD-i – Starting MSRP: $35,915)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE (AWD-i – Starting MSRP: $38,610)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited (AWD-i – Starting MSRP: $41,760)
The 2017 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid delivers advanced power and even more efficiency through its 194 net system horsepower Hybrid Synergy Drive, built around a 2.5L four-cylinder, Atkinson Cycle engine and continuously variable transmission with transmission cooler and gate-type shifter.
All models feature electric power steering, Hill-start Assist Control and regenerative braking.
Safety is always standard on a Toyota, so every 2017 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid is equipped with active and passive safety features, including eight airbags, a back-up camera, the Toyota Star Safety System, and more. Hybrid models are equipped with the Vehicle Proximity Notification System. Additional safety technologies available on some models include the Bird’s Eye View monitoring system, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and more.
For complete and up-to-date details and specifications on the 2017 Toyota RAV4 visit www.toyota.ca/rav4.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.